I personally think these are the best brownies in the world. Try them, I think you’ll agree!
Sunday (December 8) is America’s National Brownie Day, which means it’s the perfect time to share my favorite chocolate brownie recipe.
This is the easiest brownie recipe for making perfect brownies every time. This recipe produces a rich, well-balanced chocolate brownie with a perfect crust. While I like them fudgy and gooey with a crisp top, there are simple alterations you can make for a cakier or softer result. Use this recipe as your platform for customizing your perfect brownie!
A double dose of chocolate — bittersweet and cocoa powder — makes these brownies the most satisfying around. The thin crust gives way to a rich, fudgy interior.
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE BROWNIE
Prep time: 20 min | Cooking time: 40 min | Makes: Nine 2 1/2-inch squares
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into large pieces
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, sifted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment, leaving a slight overhang on all sides.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a double boiler or a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat, and whisk in sugar.
- Whisk in eggs, 1 at a time, until combined. Whisk in cocoa and salt. Fold in flour until combined.
- Pour batter into pan. Bake until set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Let cool slightly in pan, about 15 minutes. Lift brownies from pan using parchment. Remove parchment, and transfer to a wire rack. Let cool completely. Cut into 9 squares.
- Chocolate Banana Brownies (berriesandcocoa.wordpress.com)
- Brownies (palsrcooking.wordpress.com)
- Fudgy Fantastic Brownies (chefswithbabies.wordpress.com)