This is one of my favourite egg recipe and I usually just add ingredients bit by bit until it tastes right. But last evening I decided to actually measure things as I went so that I can correctly pen down my deviled eggs in my virtual kitchen.
So, what’s so special about my deviled eggs? Nothing. I prefer my deviled eggs free of any additions. I don’t add anything sweet, I don’t add anything crunchy, but I do make it a little spicy. And I never, ever add any chopped onion. My eggs are universally appealing because no one has ever bitten into one of my eggs and encountered an ingredient they weren’t expecting.
But these eggs aren’t bland or boring. I think they are a bit tangier than the average deviled egg and that’s what keeps people coming back for more. The last time I made deviled eggs, the things were almost gone before I managed to make my way over to the plate! And who says deviled eggs are just for parties and barbecues? I think they’re great anytime!
I generally spoon the filling into my eggs but you can also pipe the filling into your eggs using a pastry bag as that will look more fancy.
STUFFED BOILED EGG APPETIZER / DEVILED EGGS
Prep time: 10 min | Cooking time: 20 min | Serves: 4
- 6 eggs, hard cooked and peeled
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 3/4 tsp white wine vinegar
- pinch of salt (optional)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp chili-garlic sauce
- For boiling eggs: Place eggs in a pot of salted water. Bring the water to a boil, and let eggs cook in boiling water until they are hard boiled, approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drain eggs, and let cool. Once cool, remove the shell, cut the eggs in half lengthwise and scoop out the yolks.
- Place the yolks in a medium-size mixing bowl and mash them. Blend in vinegar, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper.
- You may need to add more mayonnaise to hold the mixture together, but it should be slightly dry.
- Carefully put the egg yolk mixture back into the egg whites but do not pack it. There will be enough mixture so the whites are overfilled. Sprinkle with paprika (optional). Garnish with parsley and cool before serving.
- Deviled Eggs (wherefloursbloom.com)
- Healthy Deviled Eggs Recipe (carlyscleancuisine.wordpress.com)
- Avocado Deviled Eggs (morefoodpls.wordpress.com)
- Pumpkin Deviled Eggs | Cute Fall Appetizer (rebeccaannem.wordpress.com)