A green apple Lassi / yogurt drink is a simple north Indian drink with yogurt – with a bit of sweetener – whirled into a smooth and refreshing drink.
A tall glass of thick and creamy yogurt drink with a flavour of green apple is amazing when coupled with a steaming hot Paratha/ stuffed indian bread and makes a sumptuous breakfast or lunch. Practically any flavoring can be added to lassi be it fruits or spices, but I found green apple to give it a very interesting cocktail flavour, easy to make and very delicious.
GREEN APPLE LASSI / GREEN APPLE YOGURT DRINK
Prep time: 5 min | Cooking time: 10 min | Serves: 1
- ½ cup green apple syrup
- 1 cups plain yogurt – whole milk yields the most “drinkable” lassi since it doesn’t contain any thickeners, but low-fat and non-fat yogurt works fine, too
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 2 Tbsp. sugar, honey, or agave syrup – plus more to taste
- 1 tsp. lemon juice – plus more to taste
- Put half green apple syrup, yogurt, ice, sweetener, and lime juice in a blender. Whirl until smooth. Taste and add more sweetener or lime juice, if you like.
- Pour the rest of the green apple syrup at the bottom of the serving glass and pour the blended yogurt drink / lassi into the glass and serve.