A yummy twist to the all time favourite salt and butter corn cobs that we regularly eat. This one is spicy and heavily flavoured with lots of herbs.
For maximum freshness, I husk the corn just before cooking. When I am ready to cook my corn on the cob, I pull all the husks off of the corn and discard. Remove silk (the white hairy threads just under the husk) from the corn and discard. To help remove the silk, I wet a paper towel and wipe down the corn.
For preparing Spicy fried corn cobs we will first need to boil the corn. Choose a pot large enough to hold the amount of corn you want to cook, with room for water to cover the corn. Cover pot and bring cold unsalted water just to a boil on high heat. Some people like to add a little sugar to the boiling water, but never add salt as it will only toughen the corn. Add the corn cobs, cover the lid of the pot and cook for 3-4 mins. Donot over cook the corn.
SPICY FRIED CORN COBS
Prep time: 5 min | Cooking time: 10 min | Makes: 2 corn cobs
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch onion powder
- pepper to taste
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp coriander finely chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 ears corn, husked, cleaned and boiled
- Boil 2 lts for water in a heavy bottom pan. Break the corn into two pieces, place it in the pan, cover it with a lid and cook for 3-4 mins.
- Remove and drain the corn and keep aside.
- In a pan, heat half cup butter add onion powder, crushed garlic, salt and pepper powder, dried oregano and saute for a minute. Now add coriander and mix well.
- Add the boiled corn into the pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes, turning them over so that the spices coat the corn well.
- Remove and serve hot.