An excellent egg curry with a difference, lots of cilantro and a well prepared fluffy omelette. Its so yummy that, since I have tried this recipe I have never gone back to the original boiled egg curry.
Planning a menu three times a day can be a tedious job sometimes and it can be boring when you get to eat same stuff repeatedly. I love cooking but I require more time for menu planning. I take a lot of time to decide the menu as I want every item to be perfect and not just that, for any meal I believe the combination of food has to be right. Every item in the menu should complement each other so that their individual tastes stand out explicitly. Now it’s difficult to always match this requirement with the available ingredients in the pantry.
So, sometimes I end up making just one curry which serves as the main course and combine it with either rice or flour tortilla/chapattis with some salad and it’s done.
Prep time: 20 min | Cooking time: 30 min | Serves: 2
- 3 eggs (well beaten with a pinch of salt)
- 1 large onion, ground to paste
- 2 tomatoes, ground to paste
- ½ cup coriander leaves (cilantro), finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. ginger and garlic paste
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp. garam masala (optional)
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 2 tbsp oil
- Beat eggs, add coriander leaves (cilantro). Heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan, pour the egg mixture and cover it with a lid to prepare a half inch Omelette. Cut into square pieces and keep aside.
- Heat oil in pan and add cumin seeds to hot oil. Add the onion paste and sauté till it changes colour or till the water is evaporated.
- Add tomato paste, ginger and garlic paste and fry till all water from the tomatoes has dried up.
- Add 2 cups of water. Add salt, chilli powder, turmeric, garam masala and let it boil for 10 minutes.
- Add cut Omelettes and cook for 2 minutes without stirring much. Turn off the heat and let it rest.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves. Serve Hot.
- Tomato Masala Omelette (foodiebynature.wordpress.com)
- A Quick Healthy Egg Curried Breakfast or Lunch (shivaaydelights.wordpress.com)