Today I have a recipe for probably the date lovers, non-baked, eggless and extremely nutritious cookies.
This recipe has a lot of ingredients that are good for your health. It has oats, flax seed, dates, almonds and no sugar, and it tastes so good. Pair it with a glass of cold milk or tea/coffee and it turns into a perfect snack for anytime.
I used the star shaped cookie cutter to shape them, you can make them in any shape or just round would work. These cookies are towards the softer side and are very moist because of dates and oats. For all the chocolate loves, you can add cocoa powder and that is delicious too.
DATE AND ALMOND OAT COOKIES / DATE ALMOND BARS
Prep time: 20 min | Cooking time: 20 min | Serves: 4
- 500 grams dates
- 1 cup oats, dry roasted, powdered
- 1 cup almonds, powdered
- ½ cup flax seeds, powdered
- ½ cup cocoa powder (optional)
- Grind the dates into a food processor until like a dough with no lumps
- Mix powdered almonds, oats and flax seeds until well combined. Add dates and using your hands combine the mixture well to form a dough.
- Divide the date dough into lemon size balls, each weighing about 30 grams, roll them/press them a little.
- Grease a cookie cutter placed on a flat surface, press them into the shape. The cookies are ready
- You can dip the sides/edges of the cookies in dry almond powder (optional)