Paratha or Stuffed Flat bread is one of the most popular flat breads of North Indian cuisine. The authentic paratha’s are extremely rich and contains heavy fat as cooked in lots of butter.
Paratha being our indispensable breakfast and being cooked so often, I tend to try some innovations in the basic recipe to make it different and nutritious. But whatever new recipes I try for cooking parathas, Aaloo paratha / potato stuffed flat bread still remains my favourite. I cook paratha’s with stuffing’s like potato, cauliflower, peas, cheese and the list goes on… Here I have presented the recipe of mix vegetable paratha.
This is such a versatile dish that you can choose your own veggies for the filling, but make sure you don’t miss out on potatoes as that’s the main ingredient. Children will certainly love this dish when served with butter or curd.
MIXED VEGETABLE PARATHA / STUFFED VEGETABLE FLAT BREAD
Prep time: 20 min | Cooking time: 20 min | Serves: 4
- 2 medium potatoes
- ½ cup carrot and beans, finely chopped
- ½ cup broccoli / cauliflower, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 green chillies, chopped
- 2 tbsp corainder leaves,chopped
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2-3 tbsp Ghee/ butter / vegetable oil
- Salt as required
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- ¾ tsp red chilli powder
- 1 cup of fresh yogurt with salt and cumin powder to serve with parathas
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp oil
- ¾ tsp salt or as needed
- Water to knead the flour
To prepare the Stuffing
- Boil, peel the potatoes and mash them properly and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tsp of ghee or oil in a frying pan fry the onion, beans, carrot and broccoli and cook for 8-10 minutes or until they are tender.
- Add ginger garlic paste, coriander, green chillies, chilli powder, garam masala, cumin seeds and salt and mix well.
- Add in the boiled potatoes and mix the stuffing well, mashing all the vegetables properly while mixing. Remove from heat and let it cool slightly.
- Mix all the ingredients and add water to make a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 10 to 12 portions. And roll out each portion one by one following the below procedure
Stuffing the Paratha’s
- Put 1 tablespoon of the stuffing in the centre of each dough round. Make an envelope by folding all the sides over the vegetables. Cook on a flat frying pan (griddle) with ghee until crisp on both sides.
- Repeat for the remaining dough rounds and stuffing
- Serve hot with fresh yogurt / curd
- Blend the yogurt until smooth
- Add salt and cumin powder and mix well
- Serve parathas with fresh yogurt
- Aloo Paratha (Flat Bread Stuffed with Spicy Potatoes) (skinnychefdecuisine.wordpress.com)
- Sesame potato vegetable (Aaloo Til ki sabzi ) (sizzlingsaucepan.wordpress.com)
- Aloo Paratha (tanuskitchen.wordpress.com)