Proceed with caution. It’s addictive… This pasta is exclusively saucy and creamy, and that’s how I like it to be as there are no veggies in it.
I usually cook pasta with lots of veggies but this one is just with savory tomato sauce and cream which makes a very silky, colorful and delicious pasta dish. It is great for times when you don’t have much time to spend in the kitchen but refuse to compromise on flavors. I cook the pasta in the sauce to let it meld all the flavors together, and the grated cheese on top turns it to something really special.
PASTA IN TOMATO CREAM SAUCE / PINK SAUCE
Prep time: 10 min | Cooking time: 20 min | Serves: 2
- 400 gms of pasta
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Salt as required
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5-6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, grinded into paste / 1 tbsp tomato puree
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp sugar
- Grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 2 tsp oregano
- ¼ cup grated cheese, for garnish
- Boil Pasta in lots of water with salt and vegetable oil. Drain and wash with cold water.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat; add onions and garlic and sauté till the onions turn translucent. Add ground tomato paste and cook on low heat for 10 minutes. In case you use tomato puree, the cooking time reduces to 2-3 minutes.
- Add chili flakes, sugar, half oregano, thyme and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove sauce from the heat and add salt, cream and pasta, mix well. Add grated parmesan cheese and mix.
- Garnish with oregano and grated cheese.