We always know fried rice as an authentic Chinese dish; I tried out my version of it. According to me a Chinese fried rice specifically consists of soya sauce, green chili sauce, vinegar and ajinomoto, which I have not included in my
version, its more or less a vegetable fried rice and its extremely flavorful! Its absolutely simple and tempting; the only trick is the finely cut veggies.
VEGETABLE FRIED RICE
Prep time: 30 min | Cooking time: 30 min | Serves: 2
- 4 cups cooked Long grain Rice
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 10-12 beans, finely chopped
- 2 tsp pepper powder
- 6-7 Spring onion
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- Salt to taste
- For cooking the rice you can use double the quantity of water and pressure cook them.
- Cut the veggies very finely so that it will get cooked easily in short period of time.
- Heat a broad pan with olive oil. Add the veggies and fry for 2 minutes or until its cooked, but retains its crunchiness.
- Lastly add pepper, spring onion, vinegar and fry for a minute. Add cooked rice and stir till it gets heated up.
- It is simple yet packed with flavours! The long grain rice will dominate and makes an awesome combo with the pepper and veggies flavour.