This is a perfect chocolate cake and its excellent with both with Butter Cream Icing and Chocolate Butter cream Frosting. Sometimes a girl just needs chocolate and sometimes just a chocolate cake. I have been following my mother for cooking chocolate cakes but this recipe is an inspiration from Hersheys, not much different from how I usually bake but more addictive, chocolaty and delicious.
DARK CHOCOLATE CAKE
Prep time: 20 min | Cooking time: 40 min | Serves: 8
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round pans or one 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of electric mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes for round pans, 35 to 40 minutes for rectangular pan or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.
- Homemade Chocolate Cake (food.com)
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Cake (GF, of course!) (designedforcreativity.wordpress.com)