When its time for some light evening supper, the first thing I think of is pasta. And this recipe is a result of absolute lack of energy to prepare something extensive and lavish. Its quick, healthy and delicious too.
The interesting part of this recipe is that you can do your own creativity in your kitchen. You can toss veggies of your choice to prepare this pasta salad but make sure you toss them on high heat so that they stay crunchy and hold on to their colour and shape, Donot use too many veggies to overpower the taste of pasta.
I used beans and baby corn for my salad. You can even add cauliflower, bell pepper and olives to it but keep it simple. I served this pasta with Fresh Tomato Salsa and this blend is heavenly.
Prep time: 10 min | Cooking time: 20 min | Serves: 2
- 2 cups pasta
- 1 ltr water
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup beans, finely chopped
- 4-5 baby corns, cut in small rounds
- 3-4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1 cup Fresh Tomato Salsa (click here for recipe)
- Put a large pot of salted water and vegetable oil on to boil for the pasta when you start this recipe. Once the water is boiling, add the pasta and cook until done. Drain the water and rinse the pasta with cold water.
- Heat olive oil in a small skillet on medium heat, add chopped garlic and cook until slightly golden in colour. Add beans, baby corn and salt and toss for 2-3 minutes
- Mix pasta and the veggies in a serving bowl and serve hot with cold Fresh Tomato Salsa(click here for recipe).