There are various recipes to prepare salsa but the fresh tomato Salsa is a necessary accomplishment for Mexican tacos, tostadas and various Mexican dishes. Salsa Fresca as this salsa is usually called is easy to make especially because it requires no cooking.
FRESH TOMATO SALSA
Prep time: 10 min | Cooking time: 0 min | Serves: 2
- 3-4 medium sized fresh tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño chili pepper / green chillies(stems, ribs, seeds removed), finely chopped
- 1 red chili flakes
- Juice of one lime
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- oregano and or cumin to taste (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients together in a medium sized bowl.
- Cover the bowl with a lid and shake the mixture for 2-3 minutes to make sure all the ingredients blend in each other well.
- Allow it to sit for ½ hour before serving.