I must say that I am not usually fascinated and passionate about egg-less cakes as I have had many disasters attempting these. Every time I attempt cooking one I keep on praying to be successful, but all goes in vein. This is generally during festival times when I have a no-egg week at home and we wish to celebrate with some yummy dessert cooked at home. This time I deliberately left all the accepted and widespread egg-less cake recipes and went for a biscuit cake. I am so excited to share this, it being a huge success.
The best thing about trying this recipe is its yummy tempting flavor to cherish, quick and extremely simple to cook and above all its egg-less nature. It’s for all those who enjoy tiny bites of sweet, rich and glutinous gratification without regret.
All the ingredients of this recipe are readily available at home and you may not have to plan way ahead or even visit the grosser. If you have some friends visiting, and you are short of time, the best dessert to go for is this yummy tasting cake I have cooked this recipe with glucose biscuits (Parle G) but it can also be cooked with Marie biscuits for low fat option. This is a microwave recipe but can be tried in gas cooker at home.
BISCUIT CHOCOLATE ALMOND CAKE
Prep time: 15 min | Cooking time: 3 min | Serves: 4
- 200 gms Parle g biscuits
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp sugar powder
- 2 tbsp chopped almonds
- 5 drops vanilla essence
- 150 to 200 ml milk
- butter for greasing
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Dry grind the biscuits till they turn to a fine powder.
- Combine the biscuit powder, cocoa powder, sugar powder and mix well.
- Transfer in a bowl, add vanilla essence and slowly add 150 ml milk to the mixture while whisking continuously.
- Add more milk if required to form a batter of pouring consistency.
- Add the almonds and mix well.
- Pour into a greased and microwave safe bowl and microwave for 4 minutes.
- Cool and un mould and cut to pieces and serve.